** This book is divided in 2 parts - each part must each be added to your basket separately **
WIPO does not provide paper versions of their Applicant’s Guidelines and Annexes, preferring to keep their website up-to-date. For daily practice, some practitioners may prefer an abbreviated paper version with useful overviews, and the most frequently needed PCT implementation details. For PCT exam candidates, it is essential to have details from the Applicant’s Guide available. For example, legal questions are regularly directed to competent ISA’s, national entry, and fees due on filing.
This book is split into 2 parts:
Part (1): Overviews (160 x 230 x 18mm - 475g) - basic information for ALL PCT STATES, such as:
● Treaty membership, reservations, national entry deadlines, PCT fees, applicant forms, etc.
● Applicant’s Guidelines - International (AG-IP) & National Phase (AG-NP) – with our Detailed Table of Contents, page numbers, and indications of sections with major changes in last 3 years.
Part (2): Selected Annexes (160 x 230 x 25mm - 620g) – details for Europe, and the MOST FREQUENTLY USED Offices:
● IP5 Offices: CN, EP, JP, KR, US and all regional Offices: AP, EA, EP, OA
● All ISA’s, SISA’s, and IPEA’s. All EPC Contracting States, Extension States & Validation States.
● Most used RO’s (2020): IP5, IB and AU, BR, CA, DE, ES, FI, FR, GB, IL, IN, NL, RU, SE, SG, TR
● Most used DO/EO’s (2020): IP5 and AU, BR, CA, DE, ID, IL, IN, MX, MY, NZ, PH, RU, SG, TH, VN, ZA
● For the 10 most used and Regional DO/EO’s, a complete summary of entry requirements and national procedure is also included (without national forms to reduce length).
For EQE Candidates:
● These references were in force on 31 Oct 21, and are the official versions for EQE 2022 Main Exam & Pre-Exam. Answers at the EQE based on Applicant’s Guidelines should be supported by EPC/PCT Articles, Rules,GL/EPO, or GL/PCT-EPO Guidelines citations - IPREE R.22.
● The official WIPO EQE version is 2150 pages, and most of it will not be used. This abbreviated version adequately covers what could be asked. Additionally, it includes many of our useful PCT overviews to make answering efficient.
● Although the e-EQE will be held online, the WIPO website and PCT Applicant’s Guide will not be available electronically during the exam.
Changes in Part 2 compared to last year’s version:
● Overviews of States combined, alphabetical country name list added at front and back
● ISA/IPEA Agreements for all IP5 offices included and moved to ISA Chapter 6
● Some detailed EP notices removed, such as PCT-Direct notice & EPO forms in Chapter 9
● Complete national chapters added for the 10 most used DO/EO's
Part 2 of 2 - Selected Annexes
● Part (2) covers Europe, and PCT Offices that are those most frequently used:
---- IP5 Offices: CN, EP, JP, KR, US and all regional Offices: AP, EA, EP, OA
---- All ISA’s, SISA’s, and IPEA’s. All EPC Contracting States, Extension States & Validation States.
---- Most used RO’s (2020): IP5, IB and AU, BR, CA, DE, ES, FI, FR, GB, IL, IN, NL, RU, SE, SG, TR
---- Most used DO/EO’s (2020): IP5 and AU, BR, CA, DE, ID, IL, IN, MX, MY, NZ, PH, RU, SG, TH, VN, ZA
1. All PCT States: Roles as PCT Authorities, and States covered in Part (2)
2. PC(Paris)/WTO/PCT Members: Alphabetic Name List with 2-Letter Codes
3. ANNEX B: General Info on European and Most Used Offices
Filing at RO
4. ANNEX C: European and Most Used Receiving Offices (RO’s)
5. All States: Competent ISA’s for all RO’s
6. ANNEX D: All International Searching Authorities (ISA’s) and IP5 Agreements with WIPO
7. ANNEX SISA: All Supplementary ISA’s (SISA’s)
8. ANNEX E: All International Preliminary Examining Authorities (IPEA’s)
National / Regional Entry
9. Complete National Chapters for Top 10 & Regional DO/EO’s (procedures, fees, NO forms): AP, AU, BR, CA, CN and CN(HK), EA, EP, IN, JP, KR, MX, OA, US
10. Summaries of Entry Requirements for Rest of European and Most Used DO/EO’s
11. PC(Paris)/WTO/PCT Members: Alphabetic Name List with 2-Letter Codes