This book is provided in 3 parts - Part I and Part III must be ordered separately.
Every year, the WIPO produces an official printable version of the complete Applicants Guide, including all annexes, specifically for the Pre- and Main Exams. However, it is 1950 pages and much of it will never be required at the exam.
I have produced this abbreviated & improved version to lighten the load and to save a few trees. Using the EQE Regulations, past D papers and comments from the D Examination Committee, I have limited it to adequately cover what you should actually need. In addition, I have added several useful overviews from the WIPO & EPO websites which can speed up answering questions during the exam.
Most of the contents are sourced from WIPO/EPO websites and Official Journal, and no copyright is claimed for these parts.
1. PCT states covered in Part II with: Overview of competent ISA’s for all RO’s
2. PCT states NOT COVERED in Part II
3. AG-IP (Introduction to International Phase including: Index to AG-IP
4. ANNEX B: Information on selected States and Organizations with: EP: General information on EPO Agreement EPO-WIPO (1/4/17) – OJ 2010, 304 amended IB: General information on IB JP: General information on JP US: General information on US
5. ANNEX C: Selected RO’s with: EP: EPO as RO IB: IB as RO 352 Direct filing at IB as RO JP: JP as RO 368 US: US as RO 415
6. ANNEX D: All ISA’s with: EP: EPO as ISA JP: JP as ISA US: US as ISA
7. ANNEX D: All SISA’s (NOTE: From 1 Jul 17, 22m to request search) with: EP: EPO as SISA EPO acting as SISA – OJ 2010, 316
8. ANNEX E: All IPEA’s with: EP: EPO as IPEA EPO policy for issuing 2nd WO as IPEA - OJ 2011, 532 JP: JP as IPEA US: US as IPEA